Welcome to Gender Studies at Metropolitan State University!
Gender Studies is an interdisciplinary program offering the B.A. as well as the popular minor. A committee of dedicated faculty and advisors from many different departments voluntarily serve on the Gender Studies Advisory Committee, which directs the major’s and minor’s academic content.
As a student pursuing the Gender Studies major, you’ll take core courses in:
- foundational concepts of gender and women’s studies;
- intermediate courses exploring LGBT politics, transgender identities, and intersectionality;
- customizable electives that YOU choose;
- internships that give you a working edge; and
- applied concepts coursework to connect your major to your professional plans.
Find out more by exploring this handy list of quick links.